Maghreb, thegeographical name
variants: or the Maghrib
Definition of Maghreb, the
region encompassing northwestern Mediterranean Africa and formerly also Spain
Note: The Maghreb is specifically considered to include the Mediterranean coastal areas of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and sometimes Egypt, but is often used of those countries in their entirety.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game