Mac·ro·brachium | \ ¦makrō+\
Definition of Macrobrachium
: a genus of large stout chiefly tropical shrimps including one (M. jamaicenœ) that occurs in freshwaters of Florida and the Gulf coast to Brazil and sometimes attains a length of 17 inches and a weight of over 3 pounds
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game