Lyc·i·dae | \ ˈlisəˌdē \
Definition of Lycidae
: a family of soft-bodied mainly tropical beetles that are usually marked with a bold pattern of orange or brown and black, have disagreeable qualities to many predators, and are mimicked by numerous edible insects
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game