Lyc·i·dae | \ ˈlisəˌdē\
Definition of Lycidae
: a family of soft-bodied mainly tropical beetles that are usually marked with a bold pattern of orange or brown and black, have disagreeable qualities to many predators, and are mimicked by numerous edible insects
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game