Lyc·i·dae | \ ˈlisəˌdē\
Definition of Lycidae
: a family of soft-bodied mainly tropical beetles that are usually marked with a bold pattern of orange or brown and black, have disagreeable qualities to many predators, and are mimicked by numerous edible insects
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game