variants: or Luoh or less commonly Lwo \ ləˈwō \
plural Luo or Luos or Luoh or Luohs
Definition of Luo
1a : a scattered pastoral people along various tributaries of the Nile and on the eastern shore of Lake Victoria
b : a member of such people
2 : a Nilotic language of the Luo people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?