Lud·wig·ia | \ lədˈwigēə\
variants: or less commonly Ludvigia \ -ˈvig- \
Definition of Ludwigia
: a genus of perennial herbs (family Onagraceae) chiefly of tropical or warm regions that have 4-parted flowers and a short capsular fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game