Lu·cer·nar·ia | \ ˌlüsərˈna(a)rēə \
Definition of Lucernaria
: a widely distributed genus (the type of the family Lucernariidae) of north Atlantic littoral sessile or creeping scyphozoan jellyfishes that have a bell-shaped body prolonged at the margin into eight lobes each with a group of short tentacles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game