Definition of London plane
: a large pollution-resistant plane (Platanus acerifolia) often planted as a street tree that is a hybrid between an Eurasian plane (P. orientalis) and the American sycamore (P. occidentalis)
— called also London plane tree
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?