Loch·aber ax | \ läḵˈ|äbə(r)-, läˈk|, |abə(r)-\
Definition of Lochaber ax
: a weapon formerly used by Scottish Highlanders consisting of a pole with a long ax head often provided with a hook at its end
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game