Definition of Lithuania
country in north central Europe bordering on the Baltic Sea; remnant of a medieval principality extending from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea; a republic 1918–40, a constituent republic (the Lithuanian Republic) of the U.S.S.R. 1940–91; capital Vilnius area 25,174 square miles (65,201 square kilometers), population 3,043,429
see also lithuanian
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game