Lim·nos·ce·lis | \ limˈnäsələ̇s\
Definition of Limnoscelis
: a genus of very primitive Lower Permian reptiles (order Cotylosauria) of the southwestern U.S. that are clumsily built creatures about five feet long somewhat like lizards and now thought to be very near the point of divergence between amphibians and reptiles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?