Definition of Limburg
1 region of western Europe east of the Meuse River including parts of present Limburg province, Netherlands, and Limburg province, Belgium
2 province of northeastern Belgium in Flanders; capital Hasselt area 935 square miles (2422 square kilometers), population 854,500
3 province of the southeastern part of the Netherlands bordering on Belgium and Germany; capital Maastricht area 853 square miles (2209 square kilometers), population 1,121,891
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game