Definition of Libyan alphabet
: an alphabet of consonantal characters of simple geometric form of uncertain origin but perhaps derived in part from the Punic or neo-Punic alphabet in which several hundred inscriptions in the Libyan language are known from the late pre-Christian period and the first several centuries of the Christian era principally from what are now Tunisia and eastern Algeria
— called also Numidian alphabet— see tifinagh
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game