Lewis with Harrisgeographical name
Definition of Lewis with Harris
island in the Outer Hebrides of northwestern Scotland, divided administratively into Lewis (in the north; chief town and port Stornoway) and Harris (in the south) area 770 square miles (2002 square kilometers)
Note: Lewis with Harris is the largest of the Hebrides.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game