Definition of Lewes
(Entry 1 of 2)
George Henry 1817–1878 English philosopher and critic
Definition of Lewes (Entry 2 of 2)
1 the upper Yukon River south of its junction with the Pelly River
2 town in southern England on the Ouse River south of London
Note: Lewes is the capital of East Sussex.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?