Definition of Lesotho
mountainous landlocked country in southern Africa surrounded by the Republic of South Africa; a constitutional monarchy within the Commonwealth of Nations; capital Maseru area 11,716 square miles (30,462 square kilometers), population 1,876,633
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game