Lep·tos·tra·ca | \ lepˈtästrəkə\
Definition of Leptostraca
: a division of Malacostraca including the Phyllocarida, the Nebaliacea, and various fossil forms that are regarded as intermediate between the typical malacostracans and the lower crustaceans although classed among the former — see nebalia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game