Definition of Leeds
1 city on the Aire River in West Yorkshire, northern England population 475,000
Note: The University of Leeds, located in Leeds, is the largest university in the Yorkshire region.
2 city east-northeast of Birmingham in central Alabama population 11,773
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game