Lay·san albatross | \ ˈlīˌsän-\
Definition of Laysan albatross
: an albatross (Diomedea immutabilis) that is white with dark back and wings and is found on Laysan and adjacent islands of the Pacific ocean
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?