Lau·ro·cer·a·sus | \ ˌlȯrōˈserəsəs, ˌlär- \
Definition of Laurocerasus
in some classifications
: a genus of trees and shrubs that occur in warm or tropical regions, that include the European cherry laurel and related plants with alternate usually evergreen leaves and pentamerous white flowers in racemes, and that are now commonly included in the genus Prunus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game