La·mel·la·ri·idae | \ ləˌmeləˈrīəˌdē\
Definition of Lamellariidae
: a family of marine gastropod mollusks (suborder Taenioglossa) having a delicate shell which is often completely enclosed within the mantle
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?