Lae·mo·dip·o·da | \ ˌlēməˈdipədə\
Definition of Laemodipoda
in some classifications
: a division of Amphipoda comprising crustaceans (as the whale lice and members of the genus Caprella) in which the abdomen is small and rudimentary and the legs are often reduced to five pairs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game