Lady Amherst's pheasantnoun
Lady Am·herst's pheasant | \ -ˈam(ˌ)ərs(t)s-\
Definition of Lady Amherst's pheasant
: a pheasant (Chrysolophus amherstiae) native to western China and Tibet and having a green crown, red crest, and black-barred white cape and a white breast and abdomen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?