Ladoga, Lakegeographical name
Definition of Ladoga, Lake
lake of western Russia in Europe near Saint Petersburg area 6835 square miles (17,703 square kilometers)
Note: Lake Ladoga is the largest lake in Europe.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game