Lab·ri·dae | \ ˈlabrəˌdē\
Definition of Labridae
: a large and important family of percoid fishes having the palate toothless, the anterior teeth of the jaws separate and usually strong, and the lower pharyngeals completely united into one bone with conical or tubercular teeth — see wrasse
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game