Definition of Labrador
1 peninsula in eastern Canada between Hudson Bay and the Atlantic; divided between the provinces of Quebec and Newfoundland and Labrador area 625,000 square miles (1,618,750 square kilometers)
2 the section of the peninsula belonging to Newfoundland and Labrador 102,485 square miles (265,436 square kilometers)
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game