La Pazgeographical name
Definition of La Paz
1 city and administrative capital of Bolivia east of Lake Titicaca at altitude of 12,001 feet (3658 meters), metropolitan area population 762,000
2 town on La Paz Bay (an inlet of the Gulf of California) in western Mexico population 251,871
Note: The town of La Paz is the capital of Baja California Sur.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game