La Pazgeographical name
Definition of La Paz
1 city and administrative capital of Bolivia east of Lake Titicaca at altitude of 12,001 feet (3658 meters), metropolitan area population 762,000
2 town on La Paz Bay (an inlet of the Gulf of California) in western Mexico population 251,871
Note: The town of La Paz is the capital of Baja California Sur.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game