Kyzyl Kumgeographical name
variants: or Qizilqum or Qyzylqum
Definition of Kyzyl Kum
desert in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan covering 115,000 square miles (297,850 square kilometers) between the Amu Dar'ya and Syr Dar'ya rivers
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game