Definition of Kuwait
1 country in southwestern Asia in Arabia at the head of the Persian Gulf; a sheikhdom, before 1961 under British protection area 6880 square miles (17,819 square kilometers), population 3,986,000
2 or Kuwait City city, port at head of the Persian Gulf, and capital of the country of Kuwait population 28,859
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game