Ku·ta·ni | \ ku̇ˈtänē\
variants: or less commonly Kutani ware
Definition of Kutani
: a Japanese porcelain originally produced in and about the village of Kutani on Honshu island beginning in the mid-17th century and esteemed for originality of design and coloring
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game