Ku·ta·ni | \ ku̇ˈtänē\
variants: or less commonly Kutani ware
Definition of Kutani
: a Japanese porcelain originally produced in and about the village of Kutani on Honshu island beginning in the mid-17th century and esteemed for originality of design and coloring
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game