Ku·shan | \ ˈküˌshän\
plural Kushan or Kushans
Definition of Kushan
: a Saka people invading India from central Asia, formerly having a ruling house with control extending over northwest India, much of present-day west Pakistan, and the Ganges valley to Benares, and eventually becoming absorbed as Kshatriyas or Sudras
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game