variants: or less commonly Korean euodia
Definition of Korean evodia
: a small deciduous tree (Tetradium daniellii synonym Evodia daniellii or Euodia daniellii) of China and Korea with flat-topped clusters of small, usually white fragrant flowers and reddish black pods with shiny black seeds The Korean evodia's large spread and dense foliage make it a perfect shade tree. Its flowers attract bees, and when the fruits fall, mourning doves relish them. — Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch, 30 July 2006
Note: Korean evodia is often grown as a shade tree and attracts honeybees when in bloom.
— called also bee bee tree
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?