Ko·ra·na | \ kəˈränə\
plural Korana or Koranas
Definition of Korana
1a : any of a group of racially mixed Hottentot peoples originally from the area along the Orange, Vaal, and Modder rivers in southern Africa
b : a member of any of such peoples
2 : a dialect of Hottentot spoken by the Korana peoples
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game