Koe·ber·lin·ia | \ ˌkōbə(r)ˈlinēə\
Definition of Koeberlinia
: a monotypic genus of nearly leafless thorny shrubs of dry parts of the southwestern U.S. and adjacent Mexico that bear racemes of small white flowers and tend to form dense thickets and that are placed in the family Capparidaceae or sometimes isolated in a separate family
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game