Ki·ta·ne·muk | \ kə̇ˈtanəˌmək \
plural Kitanemuk or Kitanemuks
Definition of Kitanemuk
1 : a Shoshonean people living between the Tehachapi mountains and the Mojave desert, California
2 : a member of the Kitanemuk people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game