Kin·kaid·er | \ kinˈkādə(r)\
Definition of Kinkaider
: a settler on free land in Nebraska under terms of the Kinkaid Act in 1904 which allowed each bona fide settler 640 acres upon payment of a filing fee of 14 dollars the place Kinkaiders make their home and prairie chickens freely roam— Carl Sandburg
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game