Kin·kaid·er | \ kinˈkādə(r)\
Definition of Kinkaider
: a settler on free land in Nebraska under terms of the Kinkaid Act in 1904 which allowed each bona fide settler 640 acres upon payment of a filing fee of 14 dollars the place Kinkaiders make their home and prairie chickens freely roam— Carl Sandburg
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game