Kep·ler's law | \ ˈkeplə(r)z- \
Definition of Kepler's law
1 : a statement in astronomy: the orbit of each planet is an ellipse that has the sun at one focus
2 : a statement in astronomy: the radius vector from the sun to each planet generates equal orbital areas in equal times
3 : a statement in astronomy: the ratio of the square of the revolution period to the cube of the orbital major axis is the same for all the planets
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game