Definition of Kelly pool
: a pool game in which each player draws a number and while playing on the object balls in numerical order aims to pocket the ball having his number on it and thereby win the game but if his ball is pocketed by another player he loses his chance of winning and continues to play with the aim of pocketing the balls of other players
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game