Kan·de·lia | \ kanˈdēlēə, -lyə\
Definition of Kandelia
: a genus of East Indian trees (family Rhizophoraceae) that are related to and resemble the common mangroves but have laciniate petals and 5-parted or 6-parted calyx
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game