Definition of Kaffir bread
1 : the farinaceous pith of the fruit of a cycad of the genus Encephalartos (especially E. caffer) used as food in southern Africa
2 : a plant that bears Kaffir bread
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game