Ju·nip·er·us | \ jüˈnipərəs\
Definition of Juniperus
: a large genus of evergreen shrubs or trees (family Cupressaceae) that have small appressed scale leaves or especially on juvenile growth acerose leaves, minute solitary terminal flowers, and small cones resembling berries and that include some cultivated as ornamentals and some valued for their timber — see pencil cedar
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?