Ju·nip·er·us | \ jüˈnipərəs \
Definition of Juniperus
: a large genus of evergreen shrubs or trees (family Cupressaceae) that have small appressed scale leaves or especially on juvenile growth acerose leaves, minute solitary terminal flowers, and small cones resembling berries and that include some cultivated as ornamentals and some valued for their timber — see pencil cedar
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game