Jugu·la·res | \ ˌjəgyəˈla(a)(ˌ)rēz, ˌjüg-\
Definition of Jugulares
in some especially former classifications
: an order or other group comprising teleost fishes with the ventral fins well forward on the throat that are now generally included in the order Percomorphi
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game