Johnstonbiographical name (1)
Definition of Johnston
(Entry 1 of 3)
Albert Sidney 1803–1862 American Confederate general
Johnstonbiographical name (2)
Definition of Johnston (Entry 2 of 3)
Joseph Eggleston 1807–1891 American Confederate general
Definition of Johnston (Entry 3 of 3)
1 island (atoll) in the central Pacific southwest of Oahu belonging to the U.S.
2 town southwest of Providence in northern Rhode Island population 28,769
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Words from Greek and Latin Quiz
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game