Jo·a·chim·ite | \ ˈjōəˌkiˌmīt\
Definition of Joachimite
: a follower of Joachim of Floris who divided all time into the three ages of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of which the second age lasted from a.d. 1 to 1260 and whose doctrine of a spiritual elite destined to convert the world in the third age influenced the Fraticelli
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game