Jar·ed·ite | \ ˈja(a)rəˌdīt\
Definition of Jaredite
: one of a group of people that according to Mormon belief settled America after the general dispersal accompanying the confusion of tongues at Babel — compare nephite
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game