Definition of Japanese walnut
: a valuable Japanese nut tree (Juglans cordiformis ailanthifolia) that bears a heart-shaped nut and is used as a walnut stock because of its hardiness
— called also heartnut, Japan walnut
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game