Japanese raisin treenoun
Definition of Japanese raisin tree
: a deciduous shrub or small tree (Hovenia dulcis) of eastern Asia having a spicy odor, ovate leaves, and reddish edible fruit stalks
— called also honey tree
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game