Definition of Japanese laurel
1 : an Asiatic dioecious evergreen shrub (Aucuba japonica) that has ovate to obtusely acuminate dark green shining leaves often blotched with yellow and that is used as an ornamental
— called also Japan laurel
2 : japanese rubber plant
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game