Definition of Japanese honeysuckle
: an Asiatic twining or trailing honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica) that has half-evergreen leaves and fragrant white flowers changing to yellow and that although planted originally for ornamental purposes has become a troublesome weed in some areas — see hall's honeysuckle
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game