Jan·thin·i·dae | \ janˈthinəˌdē\
Definition of Janthinidae
: a family of marine snails (suborder Taenioglossa) comprising the violet snails and floating at the surface by means of a raft of air bubbles enclosed in hardened mucus secreted by the foot — see janthina
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game