Definition of Jamaica honeysuckle
: a West Indian passionflower (Passiflora laurifolia) having fragrant flowers, somewhat astringent leaves, and yellow edible fruit
— called also bell apple, sweet cup, water lemon
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game